Alfreton Hall is a beautiful Derbyshire wedding and conference venue located near to the scenic Derbyshire Dales. As a wedding venue, Alfreton Hall is fast becoming one of the area’s favourite places. As a conference venue we serve a range of businesses providing comprehensive conferencing facilities for up to 200 people.
Alfreton Hall is a Heritage Grade II* listed building in its own landscaped grounds. It is within easy reach of the Derbyshire Dales and is located just a few minutes drive from Junction 28 of the M1 Motorway. Alfreton Hall features easy access from public transport with close connection to Alfreton Railway Station and Alfreton Bus Station.
Miss Adela Palmer-Morewood was the daughter of William Palmer-Morewood (died 1863) and Clara née Price. She was born in or about 1848, at Ladbrook in Warwickshire, so would have been about 18 years old when this portrait was taken. On 12 December 1867 she married George Algernon Beynon Disney Hacket (born in Africa about 1845). The couple appear on several censuses. In 1891 they were living with three of their sons, two of whom were adults, at Carrington House, Osborne Road, Portsea, Hampshire. Her husband gave his profession as “Colonel and J.P.” Mrs. Hacket appears on the 1901 census, without her husband, at Morpeth Mansions, Morpeth Terrace, Westminster.
The Genesis Enterprise Foundation started in 1991 out of a vision of 4 local Christian couples in a Derbyshire coalfields town wishing to make a difference in their Community.
The first number of years saw the development of several buildings projects accommodating and serving teenage expectant mothers, disaffected young teenagers and a youth hostel, foyer scheme. These projects were delivered with minimal capital grants support and sustained by a mixture of grants service level income and income generation plus personal contribution and sacrifice of the Board and staff.
The learning curves were significant but what became evident was always the need of funding to survive, with projects sometimes faltering once grant support had failed also our desire to grow was always limited.
The course is located in beautiful parkland adjacent to Oakerthorpe Woods and it offers not only superb views across local countryside but also a well kept and compact layout that can be appreciated by all levels of golfer.
The course at present comprises 11 separate holes with tees arranged to give a full round of 18 holes. The Club does have a target to develop more holes in the future and aims to make it to 18 in due course.
In the meantime members not wanting to do a full 18 can enjoy a straight forward short round of 9 or 11 holes either of which will bring you to a finish at the Clubhouse. Notwithstanding this, visitors are required to pay for a full round of 18 holes unless for some very special reason an alternative arrangement has been agreed.
Please call 01773 832070 for the Secretary or the Clubhouse.
Alternatively email:- firstname.lastname@example.org